- Begin by identifying job by title.
- Explain main points of interest for the job.
- End with a link to the job posting on the website (Bit.ly).
- Encourage sharing among The Institute’s employees.
- Encourage our social audience to share posts with their own network.
- Add hashtags: #EdJobs, #NonprofitJobs, #Hiring, #EduTwitter
These can be modified and used by staff, but we recommend staff use the more personal, anecdotal format in “Job Posts for Staff” section below.
Twitter Posts – Examples
1. As we expand our work here at The Hunt Institute, we’re looking for a (position title) to join our team. If the idea of working with #policymakers to (improve education/create change/etc.) sounds exciting, see our job description and application instructions. Bit.ly Link
2. Our growing #EdPolicy team is looking for a (position title) to join our endeavors in creating a stronger, more equitable public education system. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment to make real change, we encourage you to apply. Bit.ly Link
3. The Hunt Institute is committed to leading change for #EdPolicy, and we need leaders to help us be successful. We’re looking for a (position title) to join our team of innovative, forward thinking individuals. Bit.ly Link
4. At The Hunt Institute, we pride ourselves on providing #policymakers with the most up-to-date information regarding the state of education. If working with a growing team of go-getters sounds like rewarding work, see our latest job openings. Bit.ly Link
LinkedIn Posts – Examples
1. The Hunt Institute is hiring a (position title). If you’re a (results-oriented/driven) team player (passionate/knowledgeable/excited) about education policy and equity, you may fit in well at (The Institute/our nonpartisan organization). Here at The Institute, we (strive/work/yearn) to transform (public education/school systems) through our work with policymakers and other organizations. On any given day, you could be (conducting research/analyzing trends/writing reports/thinking critically/juggling multiple projects) on relevant issues across the P-16 continuum. If this (description sounds like you/type of work excites you), we invite you to apply for our (position title) position. Please see the complete job description and directions for applying here: Bit.ly Link
2. The Hunt Institute is hiring a (position title). If you have a strong passion for (early childhood/K-12 education/postsecondary education/equity) and are looking for a chance to be part of a team of forward-thinking individuals, you may fit in well at (The Institute/our nonprofit organization). Today, our public education systems face great adversity, from both the widespread pandemic and social injustices. Through our work with policymakers and other organizations, we hope to change this – and you could be part of it. We invite you to apply for our (position title) position. Please see the complete job description and directions for applying here. Bit.ly Link
1. Our team is growing! We’re hiring a (position title) at The Hunt Institute. If you find yourself (eager/craving/longing) to work in a meaningful environment and dig into education issues, this position could be for you. At The Institute, we strive to make public education better than it has been in years past, which is an especially important task now with the pandemic and #inequity faced by students. If you’re ready to jump feet first into the world of P-16 education policy and help our policymakers better understand the issues, we encourage you to apply for our (position title) position. Bit.ly Link
2. We’re pleased to announce we are hiring a (position title) at The Hunt Institute! If you’re interested in making a difference in (early education/K-12 education/higher education/equity issues) and find yourself excited about the nuances of education policy, this position could be for you. For 20 years, we’ve worked to create resources and provide enrichment opportunities for policymakers to learn the ins and outs of the most important education issues. If you’re a creative, innovative thinker, interested in joining our team, we invite you to apply for our position. Bit.ly Link
Twitter – Examples
1. For the past (number) years, I’ve been working at @Hunt_Institute, with a team of creative, innovative colleagues. We currently have an opening for (position title). If you’re interested in #EdPolicy, I encourage you to check it out. Bit.ly Link
2. It’s been rewarding to work with #policymakers to change the outlook of public education for all students. My organization, @Hunt_Institute, has an opening for a (position title). If you’re interested in this work, check it out. Bit.ly Link
3. With the pandemic and modern civil rights movement, ensuring a robust public education system could not be more important. My organization, @Hunt_Institute, has an opening for a (position title). Learn more here: Bit.ly Link
4. (Number of years) years ago, I joined The Hunt Institute to (make a difference in education/improve the education outlook/work with policymakers to create change). I’m so excited our team is expanding – check out the link to our latest opening. Bit.ly Link
LinkedIn/Facebook – Examples
1. My organization, The Hunt Institute, is hiring a (position title). My past (number of years) years at The Institute, have been truly rewarding. The highlight of my time here has been working on (name or describe project). If you or someone you know is interested in nonpartisan #EdPolicy work, please consider applying for our (position title) position. Bit.ly Link
2. My organization, The Hunt Institute, is hiring a (position title). I came to The Hunt Institute with a strong passion for (early childhood/K-12 education/postsecondary education/equity issues), and it’s been such a rewarding experience working with policymakers to create real change in public education. In my current position as (your position title), I’ve grown as a professional, and have even had the opportunity to (short description of an accomplishment). If you are also interested in #EdPolicy, I strongly encourage you to apply for our (position title) position. Bit.ly Link
3. My organization, The Hunt Institute, is hiring a (position title). I’ve been at The Hunt Institute for (number of years). My passion for (early childhood/K-12 education/postsecondary education/equity issues) began when (describe life event that led you to education policy). It has been such a positive experience to research policies, analyze data, and create resources for policymakers to use when making important decisions regarding public education. Does this work interest you? If so, I invite you to apply for our (position title) position. Bit.ly Link