This video series was developed through a partnership with the National PTA to support their ongoing effort to provide accurate information about the Common Core State Standards. The videos raise the voices of students, parents, teachers, school leaders and policymakers with a particular focus on educator reflections on the value and implications of the new standards. The videos include two main videos that focus on college and career ready standards. Additionally, there are 10 vignettes that focus on specific topics and voices.
Watch the series:
- PTA Common Core Video Trailer
- Video #1 The Need for Improved Student Outcomes (Common Core Overview)
- Video #2 Reflections on Common Core From Educators
- Vignette #1 A Conversation with PTA President Otha Thornton
- Vignette #2 A State led Effort
- Vignette #3 Standards Not Curriculum
- Vignette #4 A Conversation with The Honorable Jack Markell, Governor of Delaware
- Vignette #5 Military, Mobility and the Common Core
- Vignette #6 Raising the Bar: Implications on Test Scores
- Vignette #7 English Language Arts
- Vignette #8 Mathematics
- Vignette #9 School Leaders and the Common Core
- Vignette #10 Assessment and the Common Core
For more info, please go to YouTube channel playlist.